World Suicide Prevention Day is observed on September 10 every year. The day aims to provide worldwide commitment and action to prevent suicides.
The theme of World Suicide Prevention Day 2021 is “Creating Hope Through Action”.
The International Association for Suicide Prevention (IASP) collaborates with the World Health Organization (WHO) and the World Federation for Mental Health (WFMH) to host World Suicide Prevention Day. The day was first celebrated in 2003.
Here are some World Suicide Prevention Day quotes to share:
World Suicide Prevention Day quotes
- “I’ve learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.” ― Maya Angelou
- “When it is darkest, you can see the stars.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The greatest glory in living lies in not falling, but in rising every time we fall.” ― Nelson Mandela
- “The real reason for not committing suicide is because you always know how swell life gets again after the hell is over.” ― Ernest Hemingway
- “Suicide doesn’t end the chances of life getting worse, it eliminates the possibility of it ever getting any better.” – Unknown
- “Never, never, never give up.” – Winston Churchill
- “If you’re looking for a sign not to kill yourself, this is it.” – Unknown
- “Healing takes courage, and we all have courage, even if we have to dig a little to find it.” ― Tori Amos
- “When you feel like giving up, just remember the reason why you held on for so long.” – Unknown
- “You have the power to say, ‘This is not how my story will end.’” – Christine Mason Miller