Website Accessibility Statement
We at Northwestern Counseling & Support Services are working diligently to provide a completely accessible website platform for our community. We take accessibility very seriously, and strive to be open and accessible to all. There are a small number of impediments we have identified as barriers to accessibility, that we are actively engaged in remediating, which places us in partial compliance with WCAG 2.1 AA standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Northwestern Counseling & Support Services takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of NCSS Website:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Integrate accessibility into our procurement practices.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. NCSS Website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Accessibility of NCSS Website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of the NCSS Website, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations. We are working to refine our website experience and are actively remediating known issues. Please contact us here if you observe an issue not listed below, or if you encounter any accessibility challenge.
Known limitations for NCSS Website:
- Images and links: Some images and links may not have properly described text alternatives because we have not been able to fully ensure the quality of image and link contributions.
- Page titles and Heading text: Some titles and page heading text may not render accurate text alternatives, due to quality control issues we are experiencing with the underlying HTML framework.
Northwestern Counseling & Support Services assessed the accessibility of NCSS Website by the following approaches:
- External evaluation by WCAG audit agencies