Speak out – Public Hearing on the Governor’s Recommended Fiscal Year 2024 Budget
The Vermont House Committee on Appropriations and Senate Committee on Appropriations will jointly hold two public hearings on Tuesday February 21, 2023 at 3:00 p.m. and Tuesday February 28, 2023 at 5:30 p.m. via in person at the State house in Room 11 or via videoconference (Zoom).
Please sign up to speak at the hearing and ask for a 10% Medicaid rate increase for developmental and mental health services to reduce our staffing crisis and meet increasing demands of our communities. This is critical given growing demand, increasing acuity, workforce shortages and the Governor’s proposed budget with level funding for our services during a time of high inflation – effectively a cut.
- Tell them your story – whether staff, family, or person who uses services
- Explain the impact of underfunding and workforce shortages on you and those you care about
- You will only have 2 – 3 minutes to speak – so be short and to the point
- A fact sheet is attached for your reference
- If you can’t speak please consider emailing your message to: Testimony@leg.state.vt.us
The Committees will take testimony on the Governor’s recommended budget at the above date and time. Anyone interested in testifying should sign up in advance of the hearing through the following online form no later than 12:00 p.m. on Monday February 20, 2023, for the hearing date of February 21, 2023, and no later than 12:00 p.m. on Monday February 27, 2023, for the hearing date of February 28, 2023:https://ddec1-0-en-ctp.trendmicro.com:443/wis/clicktime/v1/query?url=https%3a%2f%2flegislature.vermont.gov%2flinks%2fpublic%2dhearing%2d2024%2drecommended%2db&umid=9bedb428-5bb0-4371-a94f-1479bfdf30f9&auth=687cc72ec895831560550f8dd525f74e1e9b2a72-87140b1ac1539a8a31dda249a6c240c6bda2f259udget