NCSS exists to ensure that the residents of Franklin and Grand Isle Counties have access to high quality services, which promote healthy living and emotional well-being. We are looking for a qualified candidate to provide integrated physical and mental health services to children, young adults, and families.
Wellness Coaches develop and implement high-quality services to:
- Children who are experiencing emotional disturbances.
- Children who have been diagnosed with Serious Emotional Disturbance (SED).
- Children with SED who have a co-occuring physical health condition or chronic disease.
- Youth and young adults transitioning form children’s to adult mental health services.
- The families of the above mentioned children, youth, and young adults.
Candidates must be able to:
- Establish and maintain strong rapport with individuals served.
- Remain open-minded, compassionate, and strengths-based.
- Provide safe, accessible, and family-centered health care.
- Assist individuals in understanding chronic health concerns.
- Connect children and families with appropriate community resources.
- Utilize screening and assessment tools to support clients and their families in achieving goals.
Skills and qualifications required:
- Ability to collaborate with a variety of community partners.
- Knowledge in the areas of weight management, nutrition, smoking cessation, exercise, and stress reduction.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree; or equivalent combination of related education, training and experience in health coaching and patient education; knowledge of healthcare systems, chronic disease, healthy lifestyles, a plus.
St. Albans is a short 25 minute commute from Burlington. NCSS is located right off Interstate 89. Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online at www.ncssinc.org/careers.